• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone MODIFIED a stock tire carrier?

Original_MudButt said:
I got an OEM tire carrier off of a 91 XJ and was wondering if anyone here has MODIFIED one to fit the 97+ XJs......
I know atleast one person has because there is a picture floating around that shows a red 97+ with a Mopar one. I'm also working on this and it looks like the actual carrier would bolt up to the bumper just fine, the question would be the latching mechanism.

I also have a carrier and have been wondering. This spring was going to be my project or put it on my 88 :) Mine is bumper only mount, it doesnt have the body attachment.

Last edited:
kunaji said:
Interesting. Mind posting pics of the one you have then? We can possibly be more help with that if your carrier is different. I've seen several threads over the last couple years doing what you're asking too.

LoL, I did post a pic. I use a free pic hosting site so its slower than dog-poo, sorry. It takes sometimes up to a minute to load.

My bad then. The firewalls at work block most images.

whats there to bump? your not selling anything
thread went nowhere cause its in mod tech, talking about an OEM part sitting in your driveway, go install it!

xcm said:
whats there to bump? your not selling anything
thread went nowhere cause its in mod tech, talking about an OEM part sitting in your driveway, go install it!

I put it in Mod Tech because its off of a 91 and I have a 97....

It has to be MODIFIED in order to fit my XJ..... I was wondering if anyone else has ever done it.

Back