• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half doors - power stuff

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
doorless - power stuff

I have a 99xj and want to go with doorless in the summer. Something i wanna be able to take on and off without dismantling the whole truck since in maine we go from sun to rain in the same 10 minutes.

I have power windows, locks and mirrors. any easy way to do this?

Last edited:
tell ya what - those doors are worth more uncut! trust me, i know! keep the regular power doors, do the hinge removal trick and shop around a few junkyards for manual window doors or electric doors if u can get em cheap and cut those up - after cutting mine up on my 99 and removing all the regulators and stuff i wish i had just gotten another set of trail doors and kept my nice ones for driving

did ya search it? I know that there are threads on half doors...

Sorry, edited original post. I plan on going doorless and am curious what others have done with the door electronics

Last edited:
Im also soon going to 1/2 doors. Just by 2 sets of doors. Keep one set for full doors and chop the others into half doors. Fab some removable door pins and your set.
I just picked up my 3rd set of new model XJ doors for less than $100.

Something you can also do is what I did with mine a few years back. I took the control for the power doors and windows and mounted it to the lower plastic part of my dash under my steering wheel. I then ran two wires for my power windows and two wires for the power locks back into my door with disconnects in the rubber hose that connects from the door to the body. I could still control the back windows even if I didnt have my drivers door on. Worked out very well. I'll have to see if I have a pic of it somewhere.
Here it is.
tubedoor007.jpg

I finished the door using a blank from a Junk door. I had six wires in the door to disconnect when I pulled the door. speakers, lock, and window motor.

Last edited:
summitlt said:
Sorry, edited original post. I plan on going doorless and am curious what others have done with the door electronics

Just unplug them and fish them through the A pillar. Takes a whole 1 min or less to take one door off and slap the half door on. Yes, power windows, locks, and door speakers. No power mirror though.

Overdriven said:
Something you can also do is what I did with mine a few years back. I took the control for the power doors and windows and mounted it to the lower plastic part of my dash under my steering wheel. I then ran two wires for my power windows and two wires for the power locks back into my door with disconnects in the rubber hose that connects from the door to the body. I could still control the back windows even if I didnt have my drivers door on. Worked out very well. I'll have to see if I have a pic of it somewhere.
Here it is.
tubedoor007.jpg

I finished the door using a blank from a Junk door. I had six wires in the door to disconnect when I pulled the door. speakers, lock, and window motor.

:worship: I like this!

Back