• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wiper?

aaronsxj

NAXJA Forum User
my rear wiper on my 94xj quit working but still squirts fluid. is it possible for half of the switch to malfunction, or is it more likely to be the motor?

About two years ago my rear wiper stopped squirting fluid. Then about 6 months ago the wiper stopped working all together. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

My fluid went and THEN my wiper went out lol. The thing is, I can hear the fluid pump kickin on and running (which doesn't NECESSARILY mean it's actually pumping anything) so I'm thinkin maybe the line might've somehow gotten clogged. I already tried taking the tube off the wiper and blowin through it to no avail lol. But I don't really know where the line runs from the front to the rear so it's kinda hard to check it out...

PurpleCherokee said:
My fluid went and THEN my wiper went out lol. The thing is, I can hear the fluid pump kickin on and running (which doesn't NECESSARILY mean it's actually pumping anything) so I'm thinkin maybe the line might've somehow gotten clogged. I already tried taking the tube off the wiper and blowin through it to no avail lol. But I don't really know where the line runs from the front to the rear so it's kinda hard to check it out...
I've had the pump itself get gummed up with windshield defrost mix. Took it out, cleaned it up with some really hot water, ran some hot water through the pump on the work bench, sprayed some WD-40 in there and reassembled. Been working fine for over a year now.

aaronsxj said:
my rear wiper on my 94xj quit working but still squirts fluid. is it possible for half of the switch to malfunction, or is it more likely to be the motor?
I've taken the rear wiper apart before and found the insides to be mostly a glob of rust.
The shaft gets rusty also, if you can get some sort of lubrication on the shaft it may help for awhile.

Back