• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much lift can i go with

Nomercy

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering how much lift i can go with before i have to get an sye? id like go with a 3.5 RE kit with new rear springs. im not ruling out about a 1 inch TC drop so thats good. i dont really want to wheel with it this way just fit some 32s or maybe 33s, if im lucky, for the look for now. the reason i dont want to go with the sye is cause i plan on trading out the t case for a monster box in the future. i want to be able to save up for the rears, long arm, tires, wheels, t case, and armor and do it all at once.

speaking of rears i wanta hp 44 for he front. i want a REAL 44. what should i look for that is very close to stock XJ width and has a 5x5.5 BP?

i have s-10 leaves aplenty at my disposal, but by the time i bought new coils, track bar, shocks, u bolts, brake line, and other assorted items i would have had just about the same amount in it and this way i could get brand new rear springs.

Last edited:
3.5" should be ok without an SYE. Just do like you said and do a TC drop, if you still have vibes, you can always add shims later.

whether or not you'll need a sye is dependent on your rig. most people do one of 2 things, -1. get a lift, run it then decide whether or not they need one -2. just bite the bullet and get a sye from the beginning. search around, you may be all right with a hack and tap and if you have the aw4 auto a front driveshaft from a similarly equiped xj. read up on it, it's covered thoughoughly on here

Only HP44 you'll find is from Fords...late 70s models i believe. you'll still have to cut them down though. the only "bolt in" HP44 you'd find is a custom made one.

JNickel101 said:
Only HP44 you'll find is from Fords...late 70s models i believe. you'll still have to cut them down though. the only "bolt in" HP44 you'd find is a custom made one.

HERE you go. Maybe they do exist!

Oh yeah, forgot about the phantom South American D44 :)

Buy it now! Only $2300!!!

EDIT: Oh $hit, its Kevin from Kevinsoffroad.com who's selling it!

Last edited:
JNickel101 said:
EDIT: Oh $hit, its Kevin from Kevinsoffroad.com who's selling it!

I didn't even notice that :eeks1:

Yeah, the price is rediculous!

yet, the thought of a bolt in, geared HP D44 up front is soooo tempting....

Back