• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odometer will not go beyond 70,000

4macoa

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 2001 about a month ago with an odometer reading of 70769. I've had the odometer on trip to check the milage and have logged about 800 miles on it (it's a second car), anyway today I flipped ot back over to the milage reading and noticed its on 70830. I'm not to worried about it having more than the indicated milage but the emmissions people always want to see the milage and that's going to cause problems. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem and how to fix it?

probably the speedo cable is broke,or your comp has something wrong with it,check fuses,or drive with it not on trip,had the same prob on my 2005 gmc express,was neutral switch,hope this helps

dave

Could be a loose connection behind the gauge cluster, take it out and clean all connections.

Worth a try. If you're speedometer works I'd say the vehicle speed sensor is in order.

Back