• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do you guys get your parts?

victor_s

NAXJA Forum User
Other than locally, where do you guys get your parts from? I mean websites that have OEM equipment with non-outrageous dealer prices.

I usually get replacement engine parts from rockauto, body parts from teamcherokee or some other third-party, and other stuff from the junkyard. I've not had to deal with the dealership except for very obscure stuff (EG the latch on the window vent, which cost as much as the whole door at the junkyard).

Depends on the parts. I got my radiator at Radiatorbarn. Coolant bottle from Quadratech. Most other stuff I get from Autozone or Pep Boys.

I get everything but the speciality parts locally. The counterman and I are on a 1st name basis, doesn't get a puzzled look when I order a 2000 part for my 1987, and let's me explore the parts manuals on my own.

Generally, I do a google search for the part I'm looking for. Lot's of websites show up. I look through several of them and pick one. Last purchase was an exhaust manifold from Partstrain.com

discountedmoparparts.com

Their prices are about 30% off of normal dealer list price and their service is great.
Sometimes the fit and quality of a genuine Mopar part just can't be beat.

Back