• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie Question

Unimog

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy y'all,

I was wondering if Winterfest is open to any type of rig or Jeep's only? I'd like to check out some of the xj's and get some tips and ideas since I just purchased a 99 xj.
However since the xj is stock and awaiting mod's, and my only other off road toys are Unimogs I wanted to see if me and my Teutonic toy would be allowed to play in the reindeer games.

Thanks,
Phillip :cheers:

There is plenty available at the Badlands for a stock XJ. Don't doubt your rig just because it's stock, you could easily do the Green trail and play around in the quarry.

Sure. A full size Unimog will likely have trouble with the trails being very tight as most trails are very tight at certain points. I think it'd be more frustrating than anything.

There's plenty to do with a stock XJ though! Nothing wrong with wheeling a stock XJ at all. There's usually a few that wheel stockers. They have just as much fun as everyone else. As long as you have the required equipment, (see stickie) you're more than welcome.

Hale

I went to last year's WF totally stock. I must say that I had a blast following everyone and only had to take a strap 1-2 times. I would not hesitate to wheel stock again. Just remember to watch out for stumps!

Unimog said:
Howdy y'all,

I was wondering if Winterfest is open to any type of rig or Jeep's only? I'd like to check out some of the xj's and get some tips and ideas since I just purchased a 99 xj.
However since the xj is stock and awaiting mod's, and my only other off road toys are Unimogs I wanted to see if me and my Teutonic toy would be allowed to play in the reindeer games.

Thanks,
Phillip :cheers:

Mines stock and I am running it. It will be this Jeeps maiden voyage. I am Really looking forward to trying out the 242 T-case. I have had good luck with it in the snow and soft dirt/sand. So we will see.

Back