• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHOCKING QUESTION!

CHEROKEEPEOPLE

NAXJA Forum User
Need some quick help.
I added a 2" lift to my 98.
Like it.
What shocks should I run?
I had some bad advice before and the RS5000's are the same length as stock.
So once in a while I get the bang bang just driving.
Anyoneone with a fast answer?
Thanks!:wave1:

run the rs5000s with some bpes and you will have enough shock for 2 inches IMHO.

you can make some bpes real quick and cheap with some angle iron and a couple big bolts.

i have had one set of them, and was impressed for a cheap over the counter shock. IIRC the advanced auto parts here in town also carries them in stock and 3 inch lift sizes for the xj. I might be wrong as to the 5000 or the 9000 on which one was for 3 inch lift, but both are good shocks i think.

9000s are stiffer, big truck type, stick with the low # in a series for smoothe ride. I put tuff country 9000s on mine in a hurry when I blew a shock in Moab, waaaay stiff. I regret it for sure. On the cheap, Rough Country are realy soft, almost too soft, Rusty's are just about perfect

Hammered said:
ok, heres a question. How do you know if your shock is BAD as in shot... Say from Factory perhaps. On the rear, you couldnt SEE a difference could ya?

un hook one end and see how easily it moves in and out, you want to feel some resistance in the shocks, IE it should push pretty hard.

one thing that kills them is having not enough shock for your lift. Im runing 3 inch shocks on 5 inch lift and i bent both of them in the rear so now it rides like ass.

Back