• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Roof Thickness

Stroketech

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you knew if the XJ roof was a double wall design? You know like an air gap between the outer and inner layers of metal? Reason i'm asking is I would like to mount the CB between the visors but ofcourse dont want to go through the roof. Any info would be great. Oh and if it makes a difference its an '88.

Tons of guys have mounted their CB in that spot. Use the existing visor mounts to mount the CB. Just run a piece of flat stock between them and bolt the CB to the flat stock.

HTH

Hale

Cant use the visor mounts. On an '88 the visors are only 2 inches apart unlike the newer ones. On the newer ones they are about 8 inches apart.

Stroketech said:
Cant use the visor mounts. On an '88 the visors are only 2 inches apart unlike the newer ones. On the newer ones they are about 8 inches apart.
On my 89 I got some newer visos and the clips to move them out of the way so I could mount the cb up there to were the old visor mounts went. Here is a pic. I put the visors down so it would be easier to see. The camo visor I recovered kinda blend in good to the camo headliner I recovered.
cb2-19-2008005.jpg

You can get the visors cheap at a j/y and are easy to recover if need be. They are plastic aswell, instead of the cardboard ones. There is a cross bar going across the front of the roof that these screw into so they are a birect bolt in with the exception of a screw hole to mount the clip.

magimerlin said:
On my 89 I got some newer visos and the clips to move them out of the way so I could mount the cb up there to were the old visor mounts went. Here is a pic. I put the visors down so it would be easier to see. The camo visor I recovered kinda blend in good to the camo headliner I recovered.
cb2-19-2008005.jpg

Like your head liner... Looks cool

Stroketech said:
I got it. Mounted it where the ash tray is supposed to be, right infront of the shift stick.

Pics please. I didnt think that area was deep enuff for a CB.

:patriot:

Hey magimerlin, I love the headliner. My headliner has fallen down in my 95 2 door sport, and I am getting ready to redo it. Is that the foam backed headliner material you used, or did you just get some camo fabric? I haven't been able to find any camo foam backed stuff...

Back