• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Squeak - front pass. side

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been trying to track down an odd squeak for a couple weeks now. I put in new rotors and pads when i swapped in a HP D30 out of a 1995 XJ. I can hear the chirp/squeak when i accelerate and as i coast. But as soon as i touch the brakes the chirpping goes away. I took off the front passenger side tire, where i can hear the noise. I took off the rotor and inspected it, it doesnt look warped to me. and the pads still look like new. can anyone point me in a different direction, that i may be missing??

(ive also been told to check the wheel bearings and balljoints)

thanks
-Brendan

axle ujoints can squeak. as a temp fix or to help determine if its the axle ujoint, heavily spray the ujoint with lubricant. squeak will go away for awhile if its the ujoint.

Make sure you don't have a backing plate slightly touching the rotor.Somtimes too, new pads just squeak.Take off the side that is squeaking,and use a piece of sand paper and round off all the sharp edges on the pad material.Then before you put them back on,take some silicone and smear a very,very thin layer on the back of the pad and let it dry.Put it all back together and try it.

Back