• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injector Wire order? '01

hagermanfolley

Builder
I forgot to label my fuel injector Wires on my '01 when I replaced the injectors, Cylinders 1-4 are pretty easy as they will only reach the appropriate injector, but 5-6 "closest to front bumper" will reach either and I dont know which goes where. What will happen if they are backward? will it still run? I took it out for a test last night and I have a flat spot when I really step on the gas. Any thoughts?

Thanks

You can remove an injector and the car will run like trash, but never-the-less, it will run. I had like 300 miles on my engine running only 5 cylinders. That back 6th plug is very well hidden ( #1 cylinder is up front by the way) and I didnt know it was unplugged.

So if you think you may have then switched ( only two of them) then just have someone crank the car for you with them both unplugged and plug one in. If it runs better then it's the right one and if not then just switch it. It's simpler than you would think really.

I have the same flat spot. You fix that problem and you let me know what it is.

hope I helped

--Alex

if thats the case its injectors 1-2 that im not sure if I got back in the correct place. I tried swaping them and it runs a little rougher but not much.

did you pull em out and test them? maybe you've got a clog or somesuch? you should get a burst when you turn the key and pressure up the pump, so maybe you could test without actually turning over the engine? I dunno, might be a bit messy though.

No the injectors are fine brand new. Just curious if the wires are backaward

McQue
this is what I have for pin2 wire colors,
inj 1 = wT/Blue
Inj 2 = light orange
Inj 3 = Yellow
Inj 4 = Blue/red
Inj 5 = Red/ Blue
Inj 6 = Green / Black

All inj have green/orange 2nd wire

Does this sound right? Thanks

were did you get this info, or did you just look at your set up?

I got it out of my 01 FSM (connector pinout section)
yes...all injectors have green orange wire

yours seems to match up...everybody sees wire color a little different when the wires get old and dirty...

Thanks McQue that puts my mind at ease, Now to find the problem with the slight hesitation when I really get on the gas. Where did you get that manual? I have a haynes but is pretty vague, and the chilton dosent go up too '01.

Back