• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dash lights?

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
when i turn on my head lights my dash lights go out. any ideas what it could be?

probably youre headlight switch . try pulling it out slowly,see if youre dash stays on.if not turn on youre lights and go under the dash and wiggle around the wiring harness that goes to the switch,if they come on you might have to replace the switch,but check first if there is not a wire that has the insulation rubbed through(damaged)but this problem is usually the switch.hope this helps
dave

I had a similiar problem with my 90, and it was the turn signal light socket. (not the indicator light behind the instrument cluster) Im sure you know what im talking about ;)

Anyway i just went to a junkyard, found new sockets and spliced them in. Worked great. It seems its a problem that is common with the sockets on these Jeeps. Even if its not the socket (i think it is) its a cheap "try".

Back