• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rust Stain

xthejuicex

NAXJA Forum User
On the bottom of my rear right window there was a rust bubble that was starting. Now thanks to the salt, it has gotten worse and has left behind a stain on the metal. How do I get rid of this with out repainting or even can I? Also, I have gotten a lot of rust on the metal "arm" that goes into the shock. Can I just scrape that rust off or will that lead to more problems?

Picture of the stain:
2mm8tqe.jpg

ya i didnt buy an xj i l;ooked at because it had one of those bubbles.rust means bare metal, you have to remove the rust then repaint only way to do it. in your case means pulling the window or at least trim( if it comes out seperate) sicne the rust is under there.scraping off rust does nothing it has to be repainted.to get the stain off the paint just get some rubbing compund form pep boys or a polishing wax that will take the stain off the rest so it wont look so bad..

Back