• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What selectable lockers for 8.25

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guys, I have not been as active on here as lately, couldn't firgure out what to search for.

Is the ARB the only selectable locker still available for my 97 C8.25?

I am hoping for an OX or even better, an electric!

The ECTED and E-locker I think are both supposed to be out, but I can't find em anywhere.

If anyone finds them post prices. That would be nice especially for us with the 97 and up 8.25's. (bigger shafts than the 96 and below).
It would be nice to get a 44, but then we'd have to fork out the bling for a whole other RP change.
Wait a minute...prob should go with a 44 since the 8.25's with 4.56's are so damn noisy at 65!
ARRGHHH!!!!
money money money money

H.O.XJ said:
Wait a minute...prob should go with a 44 since the 8.25's with 4.56's are so damn noisy at 65!
ARRGHHH!!!!
money money money money

They are ???? :dunno:

ummm...yeah, what does your gear ratio have to do with noise...? sounds like you might have a problem there buddy...

Dont forget the 8.8 as an option... You can get those in 3.73 or 4.10 if you so choose. And in my opinion, they are one of the EASIEST axles to work on as far as set up and what not. Already disc brakes... And they are cheaper than 44s to purchase. Not to mention stronger...and if you are looking for alittle extra height in the rear, it will do that for ya too.

Im mentioning it mainly because Ide much rather upgrade the entire axle for fairly cheap, and have an easy install for the locker than deal with the 8.25. I just dont like those corp axles for some reason. Im pretty sure most of the selectable lockers are available for the 8.8 arent they??? Havent looked, I usually just rebuild/re-stack the posi unit for a LITTLE extra help.

I probably sound like an 8.8 rep lately. Ive installed and set up 3 of them recently, and Ill be using one in my 01 when the time comes.

J.

Back