• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

throttle part needed

90NHXJ

NAXJA Forum User
90 Cherokee, 4 liter. I'm looking to buy that small arm with the socket (ball and socket) on each end, slightly bent, that connects the throttle cable to the throttle body on my year heap. the sockets no longer hold and it just pops off. The stealership says it is no longer available and suggests fabricating something. I'd rather buy new than make something as time is limited. Anyone know where to get one of those?

by the way i have a 90 two but i cannot get to it. and i would love to see what happens. in case it happens to me. what body style do you have i've got a larado.

If this is what you're talking about, you can have this one. It's from a b 89 manual. The automatic version has a stud in the other hole for the tranny cable to attach to. You might find replacement balls in the Help! section of the auto store too.

arm.jpg

If you are talking about the arm that connects the throttle cable to the TB, I had the same problem a few months ago. I got on the gas hard and nothing. The ball pulled thru the socket and I had a complete disconnect between pedal and throttle body.

Fortunately I had a complete spare drivetrain to steel from. I don't know of any sources other than a yard. I figure that the one that finally gave on me lasted 230k+ so the one I pulled from with "only" 165k would probably hold up fpr a while.

Good luck in your quest.

Back