• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubbing on 235s ?

Pharaoh XJ

NAXJA Forum User
94 xj 4wd

Stock rims & 235/75R15 Scorpion AT, were rubbing on the front sway bar so added steering stops now my turning radius is gone.

I searched but never heared anybody rubbing 235s on the sway bar. Can this be the Caster ?

more likely your TB or your ball joints, I would think....?

Any lift? It sounds like JNickel101 wrote, track bar. There's no way you should be rubbing the sway bar while it's connected on 235s.

Pics would help. I ran the same tires without any problems on my '89 XJ. Then I went to 31x10.50's with 3" of lift, had to put a washer on the turn "stop" bolts to keep from rubbing. Then went to 33x10.50's...had to add another washer. This is all with stock wheels. Rubbing was never an issue with the sway bar...was with something else (can't remember right now). I just live with the (little) less turning radius until I go with wider wheels/tires and get different back-spacing.

My father has a 99 and he said the rear tire was rubbing when under a load with a traler or hitting a bump. The manufacturer reccomends a 225...I think his leafs are flat because I've had 30's on my 92 and 95. without problems.

does it rub on both sides or just one?
what kind of shape are the sway bar mount bushings in?
Is the sway bar off center to one side or the other (The mount bushings may be worn allowing the sway bar to move around excessively), Get under & take a look?

Back