• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unibody question

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
heres ya three questions. looking for those that know from first hand instead of "i heard that........"

1. if i loose my doors with no cage with i be hurting my uni...( i have no cage at the moment (until summer) and i have no uni stiffiners.

2. what if i take off my hatch with no cage? will it hurt the unibody?

3. what if i loose all three?< im pretty sure this needs a good cage and stiffiners:nono:>

rubiconrescue said:
heres ya three questions. looking for those that know from first hand instead of "i heard that........"

1. if i loose my doors with no cage with i be hurting my uni...( i have no cage at the moment (until summer) and i have no uni stiffiners.

Yes

2. what if i take off my hatch with no cage? will it hurt the unibody?

Yes

3. what if i loose all three?< im pretty sure this needs a good cage and stiffiners:nono:>

Yes

It's a 2 door so I'd say it would be worse.. In all honestly it depends on if you wheel it or not and how hard you wheel it.. a little trail ride here and there and it's not going to affect anything... major flex/binding over and over again and you may have some issues but probably not...

What's the point of removing the doors and hatch? ....

looking to be able to see better...not completly kill my doors and weight. what about a flop or roll???? you think it would completly crush without doors and hatch...i mean ive seen them crush pretty good with all together.

No the doors are not really structural members... the pillars are structural. Look at JohnnyJprs flop.. it pretty much trashed the drivers side but didnt cave in.. Now for a mulitple roll scenario, well I wouldnt want to be in it.. a slow roll w/o the doors or hatch isnt going to flatten the jeep IMO.

Back