• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prerunner bar sketchup

rockclimber24315

NAXJA Forum User
Hey! I'm getting ready to start working on the brushguard for the xj! Heres the basic plan, it's in sketchup, if you want the file to play around with PM me. Overall what do you think? Likes, dislikes.... what would you have me change?

brushguardside.jpg

brushguardfront.jpg

brushguard34.jpg

For mounts I am using frame tie in plans from twisted halo and I'm going to extend my d-ring shackle hangers to go through the main pipe and weld both sides. How far does the twisted halo plan extend past the front? I'll have to get some measuring done on my mounts. How would you suggest mounting?

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
I think you need to look at the front shot. Your off to the right with the bars. Other than that yea it looks OK.
:patriot:

If it was for me I would loose the bottom portion and add something that would extend back and protect the area in front of the wheels. Don't forget pics when you are done!

rockclimber24315 said:
For mounts I am using frame tie in plans from twisted halo and I'm going to extend my shackle hangers to go through the main pipe and weld both sides. How far does the twisted halo plan extend past the front? I'll have to get some measuring done on my mounts. How would you suggest mounting?

Thanks for the input.
Shackle hangers as in leaf sprung? For prerunning? :confused1

rockclimber24315 said:
How far does the twisted halo plan extend past the front?
They dont,you need to add the extra length for your design.They should also extend and be part of the shackle mounts!

HellBilly- I like! Thats pretty much what I'm aiming for. What size pipe did you use?

So far the mounting plan is using the twisted halo frame mount with an extension on the end that will go through the main pipe and have holes for D-rings on the end. The extension will be welded to the pipe front and back, also there will probobly some support pipes welded to the frame mount simliar to HellBilly.

If you want a good 3d modeling program, go for SolidWorks. Its what most professional engineering firms use, that or ProE.

Honestly I'm a poser, it sees more fast dirt road than anything, It would fall apart in a second if it were subjected to jeepspeed. I just love the way the prerunner bars look and theres no big rocks for crawling around here, more like malls, I hate to admit it. Although I don't baby it by any means. I just don't find myself in hardcore offroad action often enough for me to care about my approach angle that much. And I'm making it because I need some sort of protection from evil deer, but I hate the cattle pushers that other people have, and I would much rather fab something and work on it to look right then just buy it, it's not the destination but the journey that counts!

hey i like that bumper allot, im in mn but im moving back to cali in 2 weaks, im leaving my comanche here and ill have it sent in like a month or so

how much would you charge me for a bumper like that one?

awesome work

Here's one I designed a little while ago, just for ideas. Sort of pre-runner, but still has a stout bumper feel.

Bumper8.jpg

Bumper4.jpg

Did you actually build it? I have these pics on my PC from ages ago, not sure who built it but I have always liked it, looks like a ton of work went into it. If you built it props to you, if not..somebody beat you to it:)(looks extremely similar).
Cheers
finalbumper1.jpg

finalbumper2.jpg

finalbumper3.jpg

Back