• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

incubus rims and BFG's

4x4life05

NAXJA Forum User
How good is the incubus wheel line? and are the bfg all-terrain with baja claw and good? 245/75R16 I use my rig for very light off road use. even then no rock climbing...mostly desert runs...jeepspeed style

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::doh:

mtavl5.ang.jpg
BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KOLT245/75R-16/E1 120S
has anybody used them off road? sorry for the over achieving :sad1:

showpicture.php
they are the incubus 511 rims...does anybody else use these? I can take pics with both of them on my truck if needed thanks guys

4x4life05 said:
mtavl5.ang.jpg
BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KOLT245/75R-16/E1 120S
has anybody used them off road? sorry for the over achieving :sad1:

showpicture.php
they are the incubus 511 rims...does anybody else use these? I can take pics with both of them on my truck if needed thanks guys

are you asking although you already have them installed??? im really confused

The tires themselves are great. The rims are kinda blingy, but if you mainly do desert type stuff, should be fine. I wouldn't run them, but I wheel tight trails and rocks.

Tires are great for about anything short of hardcore rock crawling. The rims are way to fancy for my tastes. I run Crager Soft 8s. But I don't have a desert to run in.

mikeforte said:
Tires are great for about anything short of hardcore rock crawling. The rims are way to fancy for my tastes. I run Crager Soft 8s. But I don't have a desert to run in.

They work great in/on anything that's NOT slick.

well i was just wondering...i saw these tires and wheel at a small discount tire shop...privately owned. I asked the guy how much for the tires and he just said $700. I said no thanks and he dropped it down to 650...I asked him how much it would be for the wheels included and he said it was already in the 650!!! I knew he had no idea what he had so I told him 600 and I would be out the door! SOLD!! Dumb ass!! haha i guess one man's loss is another mans gain!!! Just wanted to know how good of a deal it trully was. Thanks guys, I googled the Rims and they seem pretty expensive...they look really nice too! I'll take some pics of them on the Heep when I get the chance, thanks guys!

with these tires, you should consider what you're gonna do with it. if it hardly ever gets on the pavement then you could go mud tires. these AT's absolutely SUCK in slick sticky mud. ....not mudholes, but like sloppy logging roads and stuff. they dont clean out till they're turning like 15-20mph.
...butttt.....if you DD the jeep and take it on several different surfaces and stuff, then they're great. just keep in mind that they are ALL terrain, which means they do pretty decent in all types of surfaces.
but my $.02: AT's+mud=:puke::puke:
it's all about your situation.

4x4life05 said:
How good is the incubus wheel line? and are the bfg all-terrain with baja claw and good? 245/75R16 I use my rig for very light off road use. even then no rock climbing...mostly desert runs...jeepspeed style

Now that I know where we are... I know nothing of Incubus wheels, but I am not at all impressed with BFG TA/KOs (I have them in 33s). They are worthless in mud and I couldn't maintain traction on a rocky, dirt hill climb that I thought I should just fly right up (35% grade +/- at 33 PSI). I would think that they would be great on slick surfaces (light snow, ice, slick rocks). For MILD offroading they are good, but if you are planning on going up more than a 10% grade I would look into something a little more aggressive. There are plenty of siped MTs on the market now that have good street manners and better-than-good offroad manners.

As far as road wear... keep them rotated and they will last 50k miles. Great street tires. Great for mild off road. Stay out of mud.

4x4life05 said:

FYI: the Baja Claw is a tire by Micket Thompson.

Back