• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need ideas, windhsield washer...

spcustoms

NAXJA Forum User
Heres my situation, I have an 01 xj. I just put a snorkel on it. I had to take out the oem washer bottle (from in the fender).

A while back I relocated my winch solenoid box to the only remaining space under the hood. The place between the booster and air box. This is the place I hear people put an older style washer bottle when they install a safari snorkel.

I thought it would be neat to mount a tank inside the back cargo area, mounted to where the spare tire was. I made a mount that would hold a gallon of washer fluid (container and all). I drilled some holes in the cap and plumbed a set of aftermarket washer motors that I was planning on mounting behind the quarter panel plastic. Didnt work. I could not find any motors that would have enough pressure to push fluid to the front. The fluid would just dribble out.
So I decided I didnt want the fluid inside anyway. I just read somethin about maybe a fuel pump, but nah...

I found some universal washer bottles from auto parts stores but none will fit anywhere under the hood.

Does anyone have any ideas?
im out of ideas, and im getting sick of having to pull over and pour washer fluid on my windshield with the wipers on...

Thanks in advance

dsc00132ys0.jpg

Dump the OEM airbox and you will have plenty of room. You don't need the airbox with a snorkle which is not depicted in your photo.

well, I have thought about that alluminum one I saw here somewhere, But then what will fit?

Thats an old pic, from when I moved the solenoid, I dont have one with the snorkel yet..

i dont have a pic, but an airbox from a 99 ford expedition with a 5.4L is a canister style (alot cheaper than apollo)

fwiw, a lot of other years and configurations use the same part number, but the one i know for sure is above

-Tim

I bought a K&N round filter, a peice of 3" PVC, and a 3"-2" rubber adapter (or 2 1/2", whatever fits the stock air hose). I connected them together, drilled a hole in the side of the PVC to attach the air hose from the valve cover and voila, I have a performance intake. It increased my power and opened up a ton of space under the hood. I don't know much about snorkels (does it have a filter inside of it?) but you could plumb the line from the snorkel directly into the intake and scrap the box. Then add a washer fluid bottle where the box was.

On my 96 the washer bottle is on the passenger side in front of the blower. Maybe you could find one from a junkyard and mount it there?

the snorkel is plumbed into the bottom of the airbox, so it goes through the oem filter...

my 01 has a bunch of stuff in that spot already- passenger side....

im now looking into the mentioned canisters to replace my airbox, sounds like that may be the only way besides puting the winch solenoid back on the winch

after looking at the many canister options, I still dont think that will open up enough room for a washer bottle. I found a universal bottle from napa for like 7 bucks... Im goin to try to atach it to the side of the overflow tank because there is some space there next to the motor

Hi, I bought the Safari Snorkel as well and had the same problem. At the local shop where I had it installed they had this bottle lying around. We had to make an extra hole to fit the rear window-washer motor, but in the end it all worked out and both washers' work perfectly.

Send me your mail and I'll send picture of my solution, I cannot post attachments.

Back