• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Sliders?

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get my Heep armored before I go bigger with the lift. I want some input from you guys as far as who makes the best quality rock sliders? Im thinking of going with JCR stage 2 sliders since I have their prerunner front bumper and really like it.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
Mike

Either JCR or AJ's. I have rails from both and they are of equal quality.

Need the fast? JCR

Can you wait a few weeks? Aj's

Go with JCR xelventybillion.

Daryl and the guys are awsome. They have great customer serivce and BEEFY parts. Everything is quality from them. Plus theyre a Sponsor.

I've only ran JCR Stage 2's.
I do know that I've beat on them pretty hard and they've held up great. They're a great investment. Brian and Daryl are top-notch guys with great products.:thumbup:

Hale

JCR. I also have the stage two and they've held up well to abuse. Their customer service is tops and delivery time was reasonable.

Yes they will work with long arm setups.

I'll X3658 JCR.
I would like to add, and Im sure I will be disagreed with, but if you are putting them on a DD, especially if others are in and out of your Jeep alot, you may want to consider getting the stage I over the Stage II if you go with JCR. No doubt the Stage II gives better coverage but I got tired of constantly hitting my leg and pants leg on them. I originally had Stage II and cut the bars off to make them Stage I. No more hitting my legs.

why didnt you just step on the bars to get in? I think thats one of the benifits of having them, it allows people to get in and out of your lifted jeep a little easier...

does the stage 1's leave enough to use as a step?
I regularly tie my kayak to the roof and a step is just as important as protection for me.

swbooking said:
why didnt you just step on the bars to get in? I think thats one of the benifits of having them, it allows people to get in and out of your lifted jeep a little easier...

I tried that and I just never got used to it. I would basically just end up leaping in head first. I know with time I couldve overcome it but it frustrated me so off they came. Like I said, probably more my problem then the bars. Im just mentioning it because, depending on his needs, it may be something to consider.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, I had the sliders on before the Jeep was lifted. Maybe that played a part in it.

BLSXJ, No, the Stage Is dont stick out far enough for a step. I use the rear tire and front door sills for steps when loading our yaks.

swbooking said:

I still believe If you can step up onto the rails.........you can step into the jeep.....

There not that much farther down than the rockers.....

Ray H said:
I'll X3658 JCR.
I would like to add, and Im sure I will be disagreed with, but if you are putting them on a DD, especially if others are in and out of your Jeep alot, you may want to consider getting the stage I over the Stage II if you go with JCR. No doubt the Stage II gives better coverage but I got tired of constantly hitting my leg and pants leg on them. I originally had Stage II and cut the bars off to make them Stage I. No more hitting my legs.

You're right. I dasagree. I love the outer tube. I use it all the time on and off the trail. The place where I step to get in is a shiny spot.:D Pait lasts around 5-6 months in that particular spot.:looney: If I didn't have those outer tubes my door handles would have been eaten by trees a long time ago.

Hale

I just put some JCR Stage 2s on a few weeks ago. Already have tested them througoughly. They work awsome! They for sure saved me from a nasty tree hit on the passenger side rear door.

Only problem is I didn't get them soon enough. They really make my rockers look bad now that a nice straight rocker guard is mounted below them :).

As far as needing them as a step, Im 6'4'' and my jeep isnt lifted real high YET. But I guess my passengers could use it when the Heep gets a little taller. I think I will go with the JCR stage 2's. Like I said I have the JCR front bumper and that thing is BEEFY. I actually got into a wreck the other day and it saved me. The other car is a different story but there is absolutely ZERO damage to my Jeep.

You guys are right about JCR's customer service as well. When I ordered my Prerunner bumper they were swamped with orders and mine took a while to get delivered. But when I called them they were very friendly and added some free stuff to make it right. I am also a pretty loyal customer so I will probably stick with them for all of my Jeeps armor needs. Sliders first, rear bumper next and then the roof rack (which looks sweet in the pics on their site).

Back