• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

push axle forward?

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i put on my 4.5 kit and it uses the stock upper control arm and came with the lower fixed arm. my tire seems to be to far back in my wheel well, could i move the axle foward by loosening the lower control arm and pushing it forward?
oh and i added a small spacer in and now i'm at 5.5 of lift, the arm is all they way back in the bracket

another question, im running 32s right now, but plan on 33s or 34s would 3.75 b/s on a 15x8 wheel rub my flares? dont want to trim the metal because i like to keep dirt out of my door hinges

trim them back and use a large pool noodle cut to fit and painted black. You cant tell unless you are right up on it.

By just moving the lower arm forward you will change your caster and pinion angle. You could maybe get away with adjustable upper arms but the best bet would be drop brackets. they will move your axle forward and correct your shitty.steep control arm angle you have at 5.5"

You can only move it forward so much, ie the original wheelbase of 101.5 I think. If you move it much more then that then your steering linkages interfere with your axle. Adjustable control arms will do it for not much money.

-Alex

You could keep your non adjustable control arms and get the new rough country drop brackets and that would help everything. (ie control arm angle, axle placement, and ride quality)

You could just purchase the lower arms from re, fab up a cross member and use your current upper arms. I was planning on doing this until i figured i would do a 3 link in the front. A little more work, but, a better suspension and more creativity when it comes to the links.

2000bluexj said:
You could just purchase the lower arms from re, fab up a cross member and use your current upper arms. I was planning on doing this until i figured i would do a 3 link in the front. A little more work, but, a better suspension and more creativity when it comes to the links.

3 links when done right can be nice. Just dont weld em to the factory cross member.

To keep it simple though and to improve your ride quality, go with the RE drop brackets and braces. You can use stock length lowers since it pushes the axle forward an inch. But definitely get adjustables if possible.

Back