• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt Pattern and BS

strikedistance

NAXJA Forum User
I just had a few quick questions. I searched around a lot and just want to know if this is true.
Are all XJs bolt pattern 5x4.5?
and what back spacing would you recomend? On the xterra it 4.5-(5.5 stock) but if im getting in right on the XJ its 3.75.4.5 right?? Which is the best for the most minimal rubbing i.e. what is stock?
Thanks
Bruce

SEARCH! :sure: :twak: (cause it looking like your current search didn't turn up much if you really did) :D

All XJs had the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. Stock backspacing is 5.25".

What's best... well how much do you want it to stick out? Mall Crawling, street duty, trail duty, or other? Tire size?

Last edited:
strikedistance said:
Thanks i just wanted to make sure. I usually just wheel on the weekends it will be my daily driver. Im thinking 32s or 33s not sure yet. Most likely 32s though
Thanks for the quick response though.
Well depending on what CAs laws are I don't know how much tire you can have beyond your flares (if anything). Best best would be to figure out what tire you want to run (32x9.50 or 33x10.50, etc) and then determine what back spacing would be best.

Im running a 4.75 backspaceing withe no rub on the LCA's. i am running 33x12.50 though so there is rubbage on the finderflares but i just took them off. i have pics if anyone is intrested in this setup and any questions. oh and its under a 4.5 inch sagging :( rear RC lift. Oh and the bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5

i'd honestly go with 4.5 BS with 32s. They will still tuck nicely

I love my 33x12.50 but i will say it would tuck much nicer if they were a little smaller. i dont mind trimming though so its ok. at least 4.5 is a deff though PM me if you want pics. send me your aol screen name or just a e-mail address

The less bs the more they stick out. 3.75 bs sticks out more than 5.25 bs.

the lower the backspaceing the farther they stick out. like 3.75 sticks out alot and then as the number gets larger the more the wheel is going to be sucked in.

Thats what i thought. I didn't think it was different. Just so you know this is the rim im looking at. Or anything that looks like in with the right BS.
images.ashx

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CDoug%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Cdigital%20cam%20pics%5Cprincess%20playing%5CNew%20Folder
if your looking for black then go to summit.com i got my cregers for like 34 a piece and i love them. cheap too. if i knew how to post pics i would show you them but i dont.

Last edited:
now all this talk about backspacing and bolt patterns, i think we forgot to mention the rim width (also very important).

7" or 8" with 4in. backspacing for 31x10.5x15 on 3.5"RE lift

would like to stick out a little bit but not crazy! i'm thinking 7"

Back