• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for the trailering guys..

w_howey

NAXJA Forum User
I'm semi-officially trailering the junk to WF. Having never done that before, what does everyone do with the their tow rigs??? Leave them at the Inn and cruise semi-road legal Jeeps around Attica?, Haul the junk back and forth to the park on the trailer everyday????

Depends on how semi-legal your heep is. I've never had a problem there, or in the Chicago burbs, even though mine would probably not meet the strict definition of legal in IL.

That said, you wouldn't be the only one trailering back and forth either, so we wouldn't be leaving for the trails while you're still unloading...

Mine still technically meets all the I.V.C. provisions. I don't have problems around home, I just wondered how much 'Barney Fife' syndrome goes on in Attica. I'd rather not have to have to drive around the truck and 5-6k of junk and trailer combo wasting any more of the $3.00 gas than I have to.

Unless you're doing something criminally insane, I doubt you would get pulled over. The Badlands customers are a huge source of revenue for Attica. Just think of how much NAXJA members will be spending there for food, fuel, lodging, etc.

I can't remember who it was, but it was one of the longtime MWC guys, who blew through a stop sign right in front of an Attica cop, who did pull him over to give him a warning.

If it is registered, has plates and insurance...go for it.
Like John said, just drive responsible, you'll be fine.
I have always driven around town aired down and never had any issues.

BOB

If you sign the wavier at the badlands office you can leave your junk and trailer at the badlands and drive your tow rig back and forth. Done this several times and never had an issue. I'm not paying attention and don't know what hotel you are staying at, but parking at a hotel with a trailer might be an issue...maybe...

mac 'no one should "f" with it' gyvr

There is plenty of room to park a tow rig and trailer at the badlands. That is what I do and just load up at the end of the day.

The attica inn has plenty of parking for trailers if that is where you are staying, the B&B also assures me they have parking as well.

Drive it Howie. You'll be fine. I'm driving mine aired down, disco'd and all.

macgyvr said:
If you sign the wavier at the badlands office you can leave your junk and trailer at the badlands and drive your tow rig back and forth. Done this several times and never had an issue. I'm not paying attention and don't know what hotel you are staying at, but parking at a hotel with a trailer might be an issue...maybe...

mac 'no one should "f" with it' gyvr

i never thought of asking them if you could do that. i'll have to remember that this year. i usually just trailer my junk around all weekend :tears:

89eliminator said:
you could drive a tank down the streets of Attica and they wouldnt care.

QFT!!!
I actually saw a tank on the streets during one of the festivals in the summer.
You will be amazed at what the cops allow to roll around that little burg.
Leave the tow rig at the Inn so it is close, and just roll the junk for the weekend.
:skull1:

skoolie72 said:
QFT!!!
I actually saw a tank on the streets during one of the festivals in the summer.
You will be amazed at what the cops allow to roll around that little burg.
Leave the tow rig at the Inn so it is close, and just roll the junk for the weekend.

:roflmao:

skoolie72 said:
QFT!!!
and just roll the junk .

Hopefully, I can avoid this phrase........... The wife would be VERY irate at this.... (Honey, I need to invest in cage now. Well the Jeep rolled a little bit and I'm cutting off the remaing top.)I'm buying the trailer just before WF....

w_howey said:
Hopefully, I can avoid this phrase........... The wife wouldn't be VERY irate at this.... (Honey, I need to invest in cage now. Well the Jeep rolled a little bit and I'm cutting off the remaing top.)I'm buying the trailer just before WF....

QFT=Quoted for Truth.

Skoolie was refering to actually seeing a tank on the streets of Attica, and driving (ie:roll it down the road) it.

At least that' how I interpreted it.

Haleyes said:
QFT=Quoted for Truth.

Skoolie was refering to actually seeing a tank on the streets of Attica, and driving (ie:roll it down the road) it.

At least that' how I interpreted it.

I know what he meant. But just the phrase should be avoided. Just like our summer event now known by a different name.... Don't tempt fate, she's a cold heartless bitch.

w_howey said:
I know what he meant. But just the phrase should be avoided. Just like our summer event now known by a different name.... Don't tempt fate, she's a cold heartless bitch.

Ahh. Gotcha.

You mean Carnagefest?

Ahhhhh!

We're doomed!

w_howey said:
Not we. You. It didn't come from me.....

Oh, good grief Howie!

You probably don't step on cracks either do you?

Haleyes said:
Oh, good grief Howie!

You probably don't step on cracks either do you?

My mom and her bad back are on her own...

On the other hand this is my 'Moab'. 3 days in Indiana is my big wheeling trip for the year, last thing I want is to majorly break anything.... Talk your wife into a couple more kids and see how much wheeling resources there are....

Back