• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aluminum snorkle?

Spanky88

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone heard of the aluminum snorkles that a company called river raider makes? does anyone know if someone else makes anything similar to this? anybody run this on their rig?

$475???? It better be made of gold and titanium instead of aluminum...

JNickel101 said:
$475???? It better be made of gold and titanium instead of aluminum...

price of aluminum isnt cheap. granted sheet metal mightbe cheaper, or plastic even cheaper, is there any bennefit in goin with aluminum?

My buddy has one on his '08 JK Rubicon (after hydrolocking the motor at 5000 miles...) He painted it to match and it looks and functions very well. In my opinion, the XJ version doesn't look good cosmetically. Too rich for my blood either way, but my buddy is very happy with his. It's sweet. He hasn't had it on long enough to wack it on a tree yet, but given his track record, it's not too far off. I will let you know if it survives:D

I don't think there is any benefit to going with aluminum for a snorkel. Go with the Airflow on DPG's website. I have it and it works wicked good, and looks a hell of a lot better than that thing.

Back