• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHATS A GOOD LIFT

NV91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking about getting a 4.5" lift for my jeep. i was looking at rusty's lift or rc how do they compare. i live in carson city so im not far from hitting some trails i all ready have lockers front an rear. an im not looking at spending alot of money on a trick setup just some think in those price range that can flex.there is to many out there an i dont know whats good so you guys are my best bet.oh yeah my springs are saging so no add a leafs. i plan on running 33" trxus mt maybe 31s not sure. your help would be great.

:flame:, but since your new, try using the search function, this has been covered

contact GRIMUS99XJ on here. He is the Rough Country rep and will get you hooked up with a good deal. Rough Country is a sponsor of this site and it does not hurt to support those who support us. Rusty's products are very hit and miss, and hs is not a sponsor of this place....you make the call. I have ran products from both companies and can honestly say that there is a HUGE difference when it comes to customer service. Also, Rusty's shipping is just freakin' outrageous. At least with RC if you have ANY problem, Jason will take care of it, period.

yea deff talk to Grimus99xj, he hooked me up, i got the Rough Country 4.5 kit and added some disconnects in all it was a lil over $500,

Cheap can be good, but factor in whether you'll be satidfied with the product at the end of the day. If buying inexpensive suspension, lockers, tires, et al just means you'll be swapping them out for better ones a year down the road, have you really saved any money, or spent more than you should have by doing it twice?

I would recommend RE, they are located just east of Sacramento. http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-Suspension-Systems.aspx?XnPath=173,180&Vid=F457F44907999

I have their 5.5" Long Arm kit, and I think 007RavisXJ has the kit with the drop brackets. Both are good kits. If you plan on running 33" tires, then you will need the RE 5.5" kit. If you plan on flexing your rig out on the rocks, then even with the 5.5" kit and 33" tires, you will need to do some fender trimming. If you stayed with 31" tires, and used the RE 5.5" kit, you will have the best performance till you are ready to spend the money for gears, ETC...

Good luck.

Last edited:
Rough Country does have excellent customer service and supports naxja - and their products have been improving a lot lately. Jason gets big kudos for his work here towards that.

That said, you still get what you pay for. If you want to go on the cheap, go RC for sure. If you're looking for the best bolt on kit out there (for the long term), I'd look at the RE 4.5" and add rough country drop brackets to it.

i bought a rusty's kit for the simple fact that i can drive to the place, talk to somebody in person, and take home the stuff that day.
otherwise, i would have went with RE or RC.
this is an example of different people will have different situations. seeing that you live in nevada, and people say that rusty's shipping is crazy...then i'd go with RC b/c of the deal you can get on it.
my $.02.

Back