• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need nuts and bolts

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a oem hitch, roof rack rails, rear ceiling speaker mount, front center console, and front ceiling console. all recovered from bone yards. i've got less than $200.00 in all of it. i need the nuts, bolts, screws, and washers. does any one have the oem parts # so i can order them, or does anyone know the size and thread count of the above listed? thanks!

OK - let's see if this helps...

When I peeled the roof rack off of my 88, I found that it was held on with rubber well nuts. While the screws used a very odd thread, I was able to close the holes using, I believe, #10-24 machine screws and corresponding well nuts. Size the well nut, then get screws to fit (use a countersunk flat head, since that's what was there originally. The countersunk/punched depressions are already there, and you'll want to be able to slide the crossbars back and forth to adjust them. A little silicone on the well nut and screw threads won't go awry...)

The trailer hitch is usually held up with nut strips and screws to fit them - I believe they're a metric/ISO thread. See if you can source the nut strips at your local dealer, since that's the easiest way of getting them in there. Screws can be bought at any well-stocked hardware store, once you have them.

Most of the interior "tapping" screws are #6 SEMS screws in various lengths, usually 3/4" or 1". You should be able to find those at your local parts house - they're fairly common. You can also use a sheetmetal screw, but stop if it feels loose. Some may have been a #8 size.

Hope this helps!

its not worth going to buy the hardware for you roof rack I went to replace mine and the dealer ship looked it up and told me $176 dollars for just hardware so I went with an after market roof rack that came with all hardware and spent a little over a hundred bucks more than what the dealership wanted for just hardware. As far as all the other stuff you got from the bone yard you should have gotten the nuts and bolts when you removed them.as far as the stock holes from the roof rack find rubber plugs that will fit and silicone them in and wa-la no leaks.

cherokeedriver420 said:
its not worth going to buy the hardware for you roof rack I went to replace mine and the dealer ship looked it up and told me $176 dollars for just hardware so I went with an after market roof rack that came with all hardware and spent a little over a hundred bucks more than what the dealership wanted for just hardware. As far as all the other stuff you got from the bone yard you should have gotten the nuts and bolts when you removed them.as far as the stock holes from the roof rack find rubber plugs that will fit and silicone them in and wa-la no leaks.

he told you $176.00 for 16 screws? i didn't pull them or i would have.

Blaine B. said:
Why not? Probably could have reused alot of it! And it should have been included with the price of the items too.

Oh well.

Dude? WTF? When did you go black?

Blaine B. said:
Why not? Probably could have reused alot of it! And it should have been included with the price of the items too.

Oh well.

because the bone yard where i got them from doesn't allow customers to pull parts.

Blaine B. said:
Say what?

I'm white.

LOL, I thought your name used to be red?

Nope you're confusing me with somebody probably :)

I dunno who you are either.

thebluebuffalo - It's odd they didn't package the bolts and hardware with the items then. They must be lazy, underpaid employees.

Back