• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Lift Gate sensor, DASH shows ajar!

aroncull

NAXJA Forum User
I had to change out my gauge cluster and the one i found at the pick and pull was from an XJ with electric interior, Locks and Doors etc..

There is an idiot light in the gauge cluster for the truck/hatch ajar that is lit.
It is a red light in the shape of car with its trunk open and its messing with my aftermarket alarm.

I have added rear door sensors before and am curious if anyone has dealt with this or even knows where this particular sensor resides, so that i can add it to mine. Provided the harness is there.

DEALER P# is 56009136 Lift gate sensor.

I assume it is body side of the hatch but i havnt seen a spot that it would live.

Thoughts?

Bump!

Nothing?

Take the bulb out.

When I did a cluster swap the low washer indicator was always on in the new cluster. I took the bulb out and never looked back.

I'm betting that if you leave the hatch open, you'll notice all the interior lights being on a lot quicker than a little amber indicator lamp anyway.

:cheers:

Yeah i was trying to avoid taking it all apart again. But come to think of it i should check the hatch to see if the sensor is there by trying to arm the alarm with the hatch open.. DUH!!!

Thanks,

Aaron

ok so super Duh on my part LOL

Yes when i open the hatch the light goes on, yes when i try to arm my alarm with the hatch open, it arms with 3 chirps indicating an open door or hatch...

SO officail NEVERMIND and yes i will take it apart and pull the bulb.

sorry all, guess i need more coffee or something.

Aaron

aroncull said:
ok so super Duh on my part LOL

Yes when i open the hatch the light goes on, yes when i try to arm my alarm with the hatch open, it arms with 3 chirps indicating an open door or hatch...

SO officail NEVERMIND and yes i will take it apart and pull the bulb.

sorry all, guess i need more coffee or something.

Aaron

Sometimes 'ya just gota talk (or type) it out!!! :spin1:

:cheers:

Back