• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Lift?

ridefast07

NAXJA Forum User
I'm kinda new to the whole xj thing but i have seen several articles that involve people creating custom lifts. i was wondering if anybody has one, and what materials they ended up using? i am looking to lift my dads 94 xj but i wanna do it on the cheaper side if at all possible. Thanks

how much lift do you want? daily driver or weekend warrior? and what are you gonna use it for? what size tire do you wanna run? how cheap do you mean by cheap anyway? like under 1000$, or under 200$??? i mean at 3"+ you need new lca's, you can do add a leafs and shackles to get cheap in the rear, alotta guys build bastard packs with mid 90's dakota springs too. you can do spacers up front for cheap. honestly though, a full 3-3.5" kit with lca's, shocks, full packs, and new coils, tcase drop(or shim the axle), brake extensions, can be found for reasonable prices all over for around 600$. thats just a start though.... youll need to address steering issues too and then comes a neverending list that starts with a lifted xj...

You are new here, so I'll say it nicely before some other people jump down your throat.

The search button is your friend. This topic is covered many times.
How much lift are you looking to obtain? Is this mostly a street machine, or is it offroad a lot?

Search Dakota bastard pack for the leaf springs, and there are a few others you can search for like ZJ coils, etc.

Edit: Was typing while Blonde posted.

thanks for saving me the throat jumping.:worship: since its dads dd i'd say it needs to to around 500 bucks, and i know its impossible but im trying not to totally kill the gas milage either, but you guys know how that goes...

I did a roughly 3" BB for about $70. do a search for the $11 bastard pack. definately one of the best budget boost threads there is on here... I did that lift for the rear, plus V8 Grand Cherokee coils up front.

a 2" budget boost and 30" tires sounds like it'd do the trick for ya, but ride quality can be improved with full leaf packs/coils and nice shocks. If theres a chance that you will wanna go bigger then do it on the cheap. no sense in sinking money into a lift you won;t be happy with in 12 months.

my jeep has like a 2in old man emu lift right now, so i may not even be gaining that much lift. could i still use the same shocks and get a decently smooth ride? im also in the market for some wheels and tires...

Back