• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lucas oil....

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
I have been a fan of Lucas oil for a while now. My mechanic said I should do Sea Foam treatments in my gas tank, through the brake booster and also through the crank case. I wondered if the Sea Foam would remove the protective layer of lucas oil along with the other stuff.

12 minutes....wow dude, show some damn patience. we're not all at your beckoning call.

I wanna say bobistheoilguy has a thing on his page about Lucas being not so good....but dont quote me.

You are correct lucas oil additive is garbage it turns foamy under agitation. If you dont believe me go to bobistheoilguy.com and someone on there posted up a demonstration they did showing how lucas foams up. Seafoam on the other hand is great stuff.

I have used Lucas (oil addative, tranny, power steering) and love it. Seafoam also works great. I wouldn't use them together though. I usually used seafoam in the crankcase only a day or two before an oil change. You could also try atf in the crankcase to clean everything.

yes, run the seafoam in the tank. If you want to fog the intake too, then go get a can of Deep Creep, It is seafoam in an aerosol can. I use it on any car that is older. Take it and fog it into the manifold in a few vaccume lines and through the throtle body and let it sit for about an hour. Then start it up, and fog it into the manifold while running the motor. IT will start belching smoke out the back and will continue to do so for several minutes. It usually picks up a couple MPG for me.

Seafoam will only interact with the Lucas if you pour it in the oil fill. If you put seafoam in the gas then it will stay in the combustion chamber. If you it in the throttle body via the brake booster vacuum then it will stay in the TB, the intake manifold and the combustion chamber. If you think your engine is dirty then yeah add it to the crankcase but if you do that you will need to change oil within 100 miles anyway.

subliminal said:
You are correct lucas oil additive is garbage it turns foamy under agitation. If you dont believe me go to bobistheoilguy.com and someone on there posted up a demonstration they did showing how lucas foams up. Seafoam on the other hand is great stuff.

(+100) Very Correct!!! Lucas oil additive is snake oil and due to the foaming, it actually lessens the lubrication properties of your oil. The only thing that stuff is good for (except for lightening your wallet) would be for use in low RPM applications where the foaming would not occur.

:patriot:

I am waiting on a local parts house to junk their lucas oil display. I would love to recreate the experiment. Just because I have only seen or heard of this being junk online. Never from an engine builder or a parts pro. Kinda like the video on youtube where the guy makes MT Dew glow in the dark using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, we have never been able to repeat those results. I dont use it because I have no need. But I doubt that I will take on faith something that I only read on the internet.

I use Lucas stabilizer in my 85 Cadillac Deville that has a problem with random oil consumption and t works great for that since the thickening agent is exactly what I need. But you know, it's not a racecar and it runs at pretty low RPMs. I also use it in my Jeep to keep leaks in check (335k miles... it has a few) and it works great there too as long as I only use half a quart instead of a full quart. I would not use it in a high-performance vehicle, but for old beaters it's good stuff.

Thanks for the info guys...really suprised by the lucas test. So you think I should run the sea foam through the crank case then change the oil? Not just add the sea foam to a new oil change?

Correct. dont drive more than about 50-75 miles with seafoam in your oil.

wolfpackjeeper said:
But I doubt that I will take on faith something that I only read on the internet.

You sound like a highly intelligent and logical fellow.

PS: You just read this on the internet!! :roflmao: :laugh2: :rof: :laugh: :confused1 :looney: :clap:

:jester:

You talking about molasses's in February, Oh yea lucas.. junk! All your engine needs is Motor Oil!!!!!

OR Are you talking about the junk overpriced lucas motor oil? .... Talk about low zinc levels....

Im just saying that the only place I have heard junk about lucas is on online forums, and it is all referenced to the same one guy who did the tests.

It was tested for anti-wear addatives, and contains close to no anti-wear metals. How good can honey be over some good HD 40 weight?

No one has facts on that it works, nor doesn't. It's all what you want to think. People get GREAT UOA's on just straight HD oil. It doesn't need any help. And if it does need help, what classifies a motor into 'needing' lucas honey

Back