• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dovetail

That would be nuts if someone could do it......you could work just the sheetmetal I suppose and get it done, but being a unibody, it would be no easy task.

You know the great thing about a dovetail? It's easy to search for! :D Not many unrelated threads contain the word 'dovetail'.
thumbup.gif
Good luck!
Billy

i am pretty close to this with my comp cut but upon looking at the unibody structure it can be done but a lot of work would be involved IF u have no cage, tube work but this would be needed regardless

IntrepidXJ said:
build a cage and tie it into plated framerails and you won't have to worry about the unibody anymore

That's what I'd do. Otherwise, you'd have a ton of work cutting and welding sheetmetal, building a new hatch or tailgate of some kind, it'd be a nightmare, IMO.

Someone posted a nice half-cab job recently, made the cargo area into a short bed. That'd take destroying the corners on the trail out of the equasion.

Back