• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little bit of help

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
Mods please move to appropriate forum.

OK, I recently bought my XJ. All is working finr except left turn signal. The signal and light seem to work fine... however when I turn on the parking or the headlights the left turn arrow is always on ??? Blinker works as desired but light stays on after blinking and completeing the turn.

I looked in the owners manual and it says 1156 bulb. However that is a single filament and the socket is dual. It has an 1157 the right side has a 2057 which works fine. I believe 2057 is just brighter.

Anybody know which relay I should check and use??? I will stay with the 1157 unless I hear different. I'm hopeing it's a relay...

I know it's not much but sure bugs me!

OK no answer yet so let me ask another stupid question.

Searched a bit but no luck... My XJ is a two door... I ride with my dog a lot and my last one was 4 door. He misses having an open window in the back :(

Any such thing as a sliding replacement or such???

Just a thought ;)

pretty sure there isn't a rear sliding side window replacement. As for the other stuff, I can fix it if it's in front of me but over the net, it's mostly up to you. It's probably the relay as you suspect, but pull the bulbs and relay and ohm out the lines to see if there is any draw, then put the bulb in and ohm out the whole circuit and make sure it's fairly close to the resistance of the bulb alone.

Thanks... I'm replacing the relay before I mess with ohming it out :)

I thought I remembered the old chiefs with a slider but can't find anything I thought one more knowledgeable mightknow.

Scott... I'm sigging Diesel on your butt ;)

Back