• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering column replacement

92xjsp

NAXJA Forum User
What years stering column will replace my 1992? I have delay wipers but do not have cruise control - will one with both delay and cruise replace mine? will one WITHOUT delay replace mine and still have all the connectors plug up with no problem?

Bump. I found a 92 with both "pulse wiper" and cruise, and another with neither. It'd be easier if I could go outside the year.

I replaced my steering column in my jeep not too long ago and this is what i know.

the cruise wire is just one wire that's separate from the other harness.

the wiper delay is also a separate harness that plugs into wiper delay module.

so to answer ur question; yes you can use the one with cruise you just wont hook that wire up.

if you get the one without wiper delay, you wont have wiper delay. because it wont have the harness for the wiring in the steering column

the wiring for turn signals and starting i believe are the same. for that year.

You can also use the '87-'90 model column as well. The wiring is a match . I put one in my friends XJ Tues. night after he lossed his keys and then took an F'n HAMMER to the column. Also, the column uses the same key for the '91-'94 model, '95 is it's own animal. If you take the wheel off, and look at where the little "tab" is for the key switch, and see a hole right below it, that has a countersunk look to it, then you CAN use the early model key switch IF you also ues the lock screw that goes in the hole. Around here the old style key switch is $11, and the Chyrsler style is $40. Do the math, if you ever need to replace just the key switch.

Back