• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limited slip

futbol4x4xj

NAXJA Forum User
Did the Chrysler 8.25 come from factory with limited slip in 1995 on a cherokee? I was out in the desert horsen around and in some loose dirt i was trying to loose my back end and couldn't. Spinning dounuts and just going around in tight circles. My dad was out there and dugg a good hole with his 2001 suburban. But I couldn't get anything. Or Just to good of traction with super swampers?

We have a '95 Sport, Police package, and it has a limited slip rear. The way to tell, I've been told, is to jack up both rear wheels, and with the tranny in park, spin a wheel. On an open rear, the other wheel will spin the opposite way, and the limited slip will cause the other wheel to rotate the same way. It seems to work that way on ours!

heyhar said:
We have a '95 Sport, Police package, and it has a limited slip rear. The way to tell, I've been told, is to jack up both rear wheels, and with the tranny in park, spin a wheel. On an open rear, the other wheel will spin the opposite way, and the limited slip will cause the other wheel to rotate the same way. It seems to work that way on ours!
yep, thats what mine does

futbol4x4xj said:
Did the Chrysler 8.25 come from factory with limited slip in 1995 on a cherokee? I was out in the desert horsen around and in some loose dirt i was trying to loose my back end and couldn't. Spinning dounuts and just going around in tight circles. My dad was out there and dugg a good hole with his 2001 suburban. But I couldn't get anything. Or Just to good of traction with super swampers?
if one wheel is stuck the other one should spin. thats your limited slip kickin' in. it usually kicks in on slippery surfaces or when you're crawling on rocks...etc.

Back