• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of things

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
Did a quick search but came up with nothing in paticular for this one. It happens more at speed, but today it was happening around off ramps at lower speeds too. There is a knocking that sounds like it is coming from directly below the drivers side floor panels, and I can feel a bit of a tapping through the floor. I am curious as to if anyone has any ideas as to what it is. Right now I am leaning towards exhaust, as I am missing on of my hangers and it makes sense, but anyone else have any ideas?

Second, when moving, my AX15 seems to be making a bit more noise than normal. Its nothing extremely discomforting to me as I am used to random sounds coming and going from time to time depending on weather and stuff, but I figure I might as well swap the fluids as I am not sure if it has been done yet, and is probably far overdue. Anyone have recomendations on other things to check or anything? Type of tranny fluid to use? The sound is there regardless of if it is in gear while moving, and I am sure I dont REALLY want to head what possible problems I have as I am short on cash and leave for school next week so time is limited, and will probably drive it until it breaks, if it breaks at all. Its not loud at all, only reason i heard it was because I turned the radio off to find what was ratteling around in my car, ended up being change in the glove box, but then I picked up on that while listening. I may be paraiod, but who knows, I need reliability, and I figured I would ask.

-Sctt

it sounds like the bushing that holds the transfercase linkage to the trans tunnel is worn. sometimes lubing the heck out of it with some white lithium grease takes care of it.

Back