• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh yeah the electrical gremlins are here!

BombThreat

NAXJA Forum User
I have all sorts of issues with my electrical in my 98' XJ 4.0 Auto. Its driving me nuts! I need your guy's help on how-to track them down or if I should just run new wires instead.

• My heater just stopped working except for the highest level.
  • My Driver side front and rear running lights keep popping fuse #15
Here are the things that work now, but have had issues with in the past that just "fixed" themselves:confused:

• Rear wiper would just shutoff during use, or just not work for days at a time
  • Reverse lights didnt work for a while, now they do somehow
So I really your help here guys, I've been dealing with these things for too long and have been pulled over 5-6 times for the tail light issue! I really need to get these things fixed. Any help would be great.

for the heater blower it's prolly the blower resistor, easy fix.
the running lights, maybe a shorted wire or bad bulb socket, check the wiring near the lights for rubbing or corosion, wiper problem, prolly a motor going bad, and the backup lights is the NSS ( nuetral safety switch) I've read that they can be cleaned and adjusted, but have not had to do mine yet:dunno:

Back