• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
hey does anyone have a "kink" or like a 50% pinch on their exhaust? mines right after the flange that bolts onto the header.

DurtySpeed said:
Yes, they all have that. Search for more details, but it is there for clearance.
clearance for wut? the upper control arm from articulation?

Its for clearance of the front diff for those non mall crawlers out there that still can't afford a real lift.

94XJ2door5speed said:
Its for clearance of the front diff for those non mall crawlers out there that still can't afford a real lift.
hahaha ohhh. i thought it was a factory ristrictor for emissions but that makes a lot of sense.

94XJ2door5speed said:
My XJ my not have any lift, hell it looks lowered in the back (sagging leafs, need to get the new ones on) but it takes me everywhere I want to go. At least I am not a poser, ie tons of lift (4-6"blocks), chrome, and 4 shocks per corner, just to drive it to CAR shows and never see off-road. I see a lot of trucks in my area like that, I just laugh at them.

Last edited:
97XJ Jeeper said:
My XJ my not have any lift, hell it looks lowered in the back (sagging leafs, need to get the new ones on) but it takes me everywhere I want to go. At least I am not a poser, ie tons of lift (4-6"blocks), chrome, and 4 shocks per corner, just to drive it to CAR shows and never see off-road. I see a lot of trucks in my area like that, I just laugh at them.

I know what your talking about. Its either a "rig" than never whent on a real trail, has tons of "pretty" items, state of the art suspension, and so on. Or a 1985 Suburban with a 12 inch lift, fake bead locks, the kind of shackels that will get you pulled over, a stock 10 bolt rear with stock gearing, Autozone Chrome windshield wipers, ACCEL, MSD, Crane Cams, Kenwood, and Sonoco decals ALL OVER, but nothing under the hood. A hacked exhaust finishes the combo very nice I might add.

My Jeeps got a stock ride height too, but I leave the wheelin to my small wheel base, 32 MPG Suzuki Sammy that can go places XJ's have never went for half the price. The last time I went to the course I go to, a guy was laughing at my "rice 4x4", he was in a hummer H-3. Long story short, I didn't offer to pull him out if the mud. What a poser in his parents leased plastic peice of trash. I'll bet he never comes back to that place, unless mommy and daddy buy him a real trail vehicle.

hidesintrees said:
anthing with blocks is worth laughing at

I run a set! without problems I might add, and no it isn't an eight inch block

Back