• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP........What cherokee do I buy ??

rick1355

NAXJA Forum User
2001 limited, loaded in super nice condition(100K miles) for $ 7,000 or a 1997 with no opions none ! (69K) low miles in great condition. Each jeep has never been offroad. Opinios, please..................thanks

Go with the 97, get it for cheaper, and start gathering all the goodies that you'd find on a limited and swap them in yourself!

xlots on the 97 for the high pinion d30 and better head. oh yeah... and the 01's are known to come from the factory with driveline vibes... probably cause of the lp d30

With the '97, you will also have more options with exhaust mods and stay legal in Cali. I have a 2000 and all I can say other than I'm still happy with it, is, if I knew then what I know now. I found a '99 already lifted with RE 3.5, exhaust mods, hp30, and plenty more including being legal here in cal. My mom now owns it and she enjoys unpaved options in her commute.

That's not even a difficult decision. Go for the '97 or wait for a '99. I have also been trying to find a second XJ and I'm passing up on good condition 2000/2001 Jeeps in favor of a 97+.

Offer $5000(what the owner really wants) and get the 97)unless you find a 96 or 99 before then:)

I'm with gradon. Offer $5k for the 97. Never know if you can get it for less unless you try. Haggling IS the american way on used vehicles. Can always go up with your offer if they shut you down. Any maintenance records with either of these? That always means a lot in my book when vehicle shopping.....Good Luck!

it has the new intake manifold, with the better head, and still a high pinion D30. so basically the good stuff of late models, with the good stuff of the older models.

Back