• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cargo light wiring

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I got a sound bar out of a 92ish Cherokee. The plug for the wiring is differant then on my 89. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the rear cargo light with switch. I can get the light to go on when the lift gate opens but not with the switch. The switch is good also. Thank you

my factory wiring up top is female plug with a-grey b-pink c-black w/white stripe New wiring is male plug with a-pink b-yellow c-purple So the ? is what hooks to what to get the light switch to work and the lift gate trigger to work right. My old wiring has 2 12 volt lines and one neg. line. thank you

Just wondering if you ever figured out the wiring. I am trying to do the opposite: transferring the cargo light from my '89 to the sound bar in my '94. The cargo light in my '94 (three wires) is missing when I bought it and would like to transfer the '89 (two wires) to it.

Back