• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker top end 1st / bottom end later

ROKTAXI

NAXJA Forum User
I've been following stroker builds for some time now and due to budget constraints, I would like to do the head / cam work this summer and the bottom end the following winter. Other than the obvious additional work / gaskets, do you stroker guru's see any issues with this scenario? The heep is used mostly for play (not a DD) so it won't be getting much hiway miles.

The cam is in the bottom end, that's why a 4.0 Litre has pushrods. ;)
Why not do it over two years as funds allow? What's wrong with your current engine? You do have a different block and head to build off, right?

Jes said:
The cam is in the bottom end, that's why a 4.0 Litre has pushrods. ;)
Why not do it over two years as funds allow? What's wrong with your current engine? You do have a different block and head to build off, right?

Cam goes with the new pushrods / lifters / rockers right? :dunno: No I don't have a different block or head to work off of. I'm using a calculated (predetermined) down time to do the work. Nothing is wrong with the current motor. It only has about 110K on it. I'm planning on towing a small travel trailer is part of the reason for the stroker.

I'm mainly asking if there's a mechanical down side to doing the head / cam first and then doing the block later.

Back