• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some help with my 5.5"/7.5" suspension setup

Achmed

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, my XJ has an RE 5.5 LA kit on it with 7.5 coils swapped out up front. The back sits a little lower than what I like when I load down trail gear, etc. Since the 5.5 leafs are out back, is there anything I can do to get another 1.5"-2" out back to bring it up some?

I wasnt aware that it already had shackles. you do not want to use real long shackles. I am not sure what to tell you. I am sure someone will pop in and say throw in some small blocks...but I am not a fan of blocks either. Sorry , not much help here....

hi
you could weld 2 plates where your leaf bolts and lower it

i think this is the best thing you can do so you keep your 5.5 leaf
see ya

After my RE leaf packs sagged out some (wheeled a lot, tire carrier, camping gear, etc), I ended up throwing an add-a-leaf in there. It was just a $30 procomp version, but it worked.

Probably about 1 - 1.5"....somewhere around there. It's something cheap to try....and I didn't really notice much of a difference in ride quality. I think if you go from stock to add-a-leaf, then you would notice, but not so much with an already modified rig.

comanchechuck said:
if you want to get an extra 1" to 1.5" check out tnt customs for there u-bolt elimanator kit

x2

1' block will work fine and not a thing wrong with it..go to offroad designs web site order thier zero rate add a leaf.. it's a really nice block.. check it out. something to think about.. do you really need 7.5 inches?? good luck

TNT sells weld on perches that can give you the lift you need.

Chris @ GATR said:
You mean lower the front? The rear is already 1.5" - 2" lower than the front.

Yes, lower the front to even it out....and then bumpstop/trim accordingly. That will keep your center of gravity nice and low.

If you don't want to do that, then go with the TNT Customs ubolt eliminators or an add-a-leaf.

Back