• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should I do?

5.2poweredxj

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep currently has alot of lights, sub system and possible winch in the future.
Currently I got my stock 318 alt that I believe an 90 amp and I got a 800 cold crank cram under the hood.

Now I don't have a/c so I got a spot for another alt or second battery since I got a cone filter setup.
With all lights on. (4 roof, 2 rock lights, 2 fog lights, and 2 back up lights) headlights on High beam I alt is charging in at 12 volts give it any gas it shoots to 14 volts.

So should I do. I thought about doing an oba setup also just need to figure out a spot for the tank.

The voltage is normal. As the amp out put goes up the volts will go down and vise versa. As for revving up and volts going up also normal also the alt is able to work to it's full potentially. What you need to find out is how many amps are drawn with all lights and accessory's on and if the true alt out put is able to keep up.

Back