• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Seats

Bjack

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ Sport, and I'm looking to update to a better seat. What will fit? I know the laredo has a better seat

Thanks

Get some leather Country seats that was previously owned by a "heavy" person.....that's comfy right there!

ZJ and WJ grand Cherokee seats will bolt onto your 1996 XJ seat floor brackets. You lose the Grand power seat functions, but they are much more comfortable seats. 97 - 01 Cherokee seats will fit too.

Use ADVANCED SEARCH, look for seat swap or grand seats

I'm bumping this one! Does this information apply to the front and back seats? I don't have access to a welder, so bolt up is a must!

Also, does anybody have a fix for the center console lid (96)? My plastic inserts broke out of the flip top lid with the screws in them. Any year ZJs or WJs bolt up by chance???

Here it is... Found a guy on CL that is parting out a 95 ZJ. I have a 96 XJ.

I looking for verification on a front and rear seat swap.

From what I've read so far, XJs and ZJs from 95+, everything fits.

As far as the fronts are concerned, you have to swap the the ZJ seats onto the XJ brackets.

The rear 60/40 split may require some trimming, but should be a bolt up affair.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated!!!! :repair:

Last edited:
I don't see what all the rave about ZJ seats is. Between my 95 ZJ, 97 ZJ and 2000 XJ the XJ seats are much more comfortable and supportive. However, I also have the leather limited seats.

Back