• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C4x4 Tapered Winch bumper

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone use this bumper? I seen a bunch of people who had the regular c4x4 winch bumper but none with this newer style.

I was wondering how strong the mounting points were because I'm going to be mounting a 10k winch to it. Any pictures would also be great.

andrew2516 said:
anyone know what the mounting points are like on this winch?
Not sure what your asking,but it uses the standard mounting pattern.

RCP Phx said:
Not sure what your asking,but it uses the standard mounting pattern.

Sorry about that...I was in a hurry.

What are the mounting points like on the bumper?

I would rather have a bumper that full encloses the winch but isn't weak like the ARB.

andrew2516 said:
I would rather have a bumper that full encloses the winch but isn't weak like the ARB.

I've run both the original and new Trailblazer c4x4 bumps. I thought both were pretty good, with my preference being the Trailbrazer style. The only issue I found with the Trailblazer was clearance when using a C-rok plate. Minor modifications resolved that issue.

This is first time I've heard C4x4 or ARB defined as weak? I'm running ARB's on my TJ and believe them to be great products.

I'm also running 9.5's on both rigs, never (yet) having any issues with weakness. Perhaps I've just been lucky :laugh3:.

So I'm curious, what mass produced bumper offers improved mounting points over these bumpers?

Cool, I think I'm going to go with the tapered style C4x4 bumper.

I don't see how you can think the ARB bumper is a strong bumper...

-it bends if the tires rub it instead of cutting tires
-the D-ring tabs are pathetic
-the mounting looks very weak even though I haven't heard of one failing there.

Not to mention the price is crazy for what you get...I would say its basically for looks.

BS!!! the ARB is one the stoutest bumpers ever made. I dont think they could sell as many as they do with their $700 price tag.

Pics of carnge or ban!!!!!!!

whompinxj said:
BS!!! the ARB is one the stoutest bumpers ever made.

Thats funny...and I don't have pictures because it wasn't my rig that I seen it on. Search around, its not that great. You must have one if you have that much of a bias towards it though.

andrew2516 said:
Does anyone use this bumper? I seen a bunch of people who had the regular c4x4 winch bumper but none with this newer style.

I was wondering how strong the mounting points were because I'm going to be mounting a 10k winch to it. Any pictures would also be great.

I just sold my C4x4 winch bumper. I really liked it, but it and the winch weighed WAY too much. So I decided on a much lighter bumper.

The C4x4 bumper has extended frame mounts that tie into the body behind the steering box. It almost acts as a frame strengthener, and is one of the best designs I've seen. It's just stupid heavy. I wouldn't hesitate mounting one up on a dedicated trail rig though. AND it's very reasonable in the price department. Get it, you'll be happy.

whompinxj said:
BS!!! the ARB is one the stoutest bumpers ever made. I dont think they could sell as many as they do with their $700 price tag.

Pics of carnge or ban!!!!!!!

Saw one today bent terribly. This guy's tires rubbed on it a few times and it was bent down about 3 inches on both side. It's junk for the $700 price tag. I might pay $250. You can get WAY better bumpers for your money!

SBrad001 said:
I just sold my C4x4 winch bumper. I really liked it, but it and the winch weighed WAY too much. So I decided on a much lighter bumper.

The C4x4 bumper has extended frame mounts that tie into the body behind the steering box. It almost acts as a frame strengthener, and is one of the best designs I've seen. It's just stupid heavy. I wouldn't hesitate mounting one up on a dedicated trail rig though. AND it's very reasonable in the price department. Get it, you'll be happy.

Cool, which one did you have? There is like 3 designs on their site.

I have the tapered one AND c-rok steering plates very easy to do both really her eis mine-the mounting is extended to the factory mounting points for tow hooks--extremely strong and the wieght is not all that bad either......
DSCF2971.jpg

andrew2516 said:
Cool, which one did you have? There is like 3 designs on their site.

The tapered winch bumper. Just be warned, it's a boat anchor. It weighs a fricking ton. :D Great bumper though, 3/16" and 1/4" construction throughout it's construction. Very robust, I like robust. Just way too heavy for me.

Back