• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear lower quarter panel rust fix

x6xdemonx6x

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so 91 xj drivers side rear lower quarter from the wheel well back is rotted out from about the top of the rubber trim down even the inner quarter is rotted through and it turns the corner at the end for about 3 inches. I have some pictures but they are god awful (damn 8 digi cam lol) any ideas on how to place it? I have found outer skins for it but no inners even the bottom pinch weld is rotted. if you guys want the pics tell me what i got to do to get them up here and i will

Yeah...my drivers side is rusted out a little bit so I'm going to cut and fold. It looks good too. No way am I going to spend money and time replacing it when there is a real good chance it's just going to get crushed in anyways!

no sure of the cut and fold method cause i have never done it or know anyone who has done it. But to me it looks like its rusted enough that it wont work. I thought i would smart andpull the rubber molding off to get a better look and it pulled all the metal from the corner to wheel well with it like it was a piece of perferated notebook paper

That article is a little more cutting than I was referring to. What I'm talking about is so you have basically removed only the portion below the body line...which is usually where it rusts. Yeah...you may have a point...not sure if it'll work if it's rusted....dang...I'll have to look at mine.

i guess i can cut it all out and instead just make up a a 90 degree bend patch out of some heave steel and weld that in to take up the extra space.....then i will just have negative space there......that or else cut it to where the steal is good and just weld a flat piece in the hole between the inner and outer skins.....hell i don't know

just looked at it again looks like if i just cut it off at the top of the body line then weld a plate between the inner and outer quarter it should be fine. rust on the inner goes up to the filler neck tunnel for the gas tank though

Back