• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-Rok rear tire carrier

mjma

NAXJA Forum User
Well I went through a bunch of search stuff, and the only pics I could find were the ones posted on C-Rok's website. Hoping that maybe someone has some better pics now?? Anyone have it?? I've got the rear bumper already, which I like a lot. I just want to see how the thing mounts up before I buy it. Anyone?? Thanx.

Yup, if you ever get to upstate NY you can see if in person. Though I do make occasional trips to Gardner, MA with the g/f to her parents.

2034291980051291678S500x500Q85.jpg

2147928320051291678S500x500Q85.jpg

2366361280051291678S500x500Q85.jpg

2398509760051291678S500x500Q85.jpg

2186420130051291678S500x500Q85.jpg

I added the hi-lift mount and liscense plate mount earlier this year. I wuld definitely add the liscence plate mount if you go with this bumper. I ran around for two years with no problem and then on easter sunday I got pulled over in Vermont for it and was giving a fix-it ticket. So it went on just to stop the hassle.

here is mine i built off of there design it mounts almost like there but mine is welded to the bumper whe i fabbed the bumper and it angles up to clear the recovey points alittle better
002.jpg

Nice!! Thanx Carts! That's just what I needed. I take it you're happy with yours? Did you buy yours all at once??? Is it welded on or just bolted?

Now I REALLY need to get that tire carrier!! How is the visibility?

mjma said:
Nice!! Thanx Carts! That's just what I needed. I take it you're happy with yours? Did you buy yours all at once??? Is it welded on or just bolted?

Now I REALLY need to get that tire carrier!! How is the visibility?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats funny. Once you throw up a 35, like I did, you can't see sh!t. I actually don't run a spare when driving around town. Too much weight nad not worth it, my daily commute is 5 miles around trip. But if driving longer or weekend trips I'll throw it on there.

I do love the bumper and carrier combo alot, tons of clearance. I can pretty much draw a straight line from my gas tank skid up and not hang up on anything. I bought the combo at once and had to drill and moun up the carrier to the bumper. Which I suggest measuring for when the bumper is mounted. I made the mistake of doing it on the bench and since the bumper spreads open when you mount it, my carrier mounts were off by 3/32". Doesn't seem like much but trust me, it will. I ended up with a different hitch pin fot a release than the stock one. Just keep the swing side geased and you should have no problems.

Yeah,but 380$ for about 50$ in material......

CartsXJ said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats funny. Once you throw up a 35, like I did, you can't see sh!t. I actually don't run a spare when driving around town. Too much weight nad not worth it, my daily commute is 5 miles around trip. But if driving longer or weekend trips I'll throw it on there.

I do love the bumper and carrier combo alot, tons of clearance. I can pretty much draw a straight line from my gas tank skid up and not hang up on anything. I bought the combo at once and had to drill and moun up the carrier to the bumper. Which I suggest measuring for when the bumper is mounted. I made the mistake of doing it on the bench and since the bumper spreads open when you mount it, my carrier mounts were off by 3/32". Doesn't seem like much but trust me, it will. I ended up with a different hitch pin fot a release than the stock one. Just keep the swing side geased and you should have no problems.

Nothing out the sides?? Doh! Currently my spare resides in the back, on the floor, which is why I'm eager to get it the F outa there!! I'd make one myself, but I don't have a bender! I may lower the tire a bit...we'll see. I don't DD the jeep that it would be going on that often though...although DDing isn't when I care about looking out the back!!

My bumper has already been on there for a few years, so I won't run into the bench issue. I think I'll burn the thing on there though, after I bolt it on I guess. Thanx again for the pics!

For hinge purposes only!The carrier my son built,the hinge is in "double" shear using 2 3/4"ID brass bushings from ACE a 3/4" bolt and is greasable.It has held up great,but it gives me an idea for a similar mount that could pivot from either side!
tire%20carrier1.jpg

Last edited:
Back