• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing AAL ?

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
i just ordered a 3" lift with aal"s for my xj. when we put the aal's in my last jeep we had a fun time getting the leaf springs of. can you just remove the u bolts and the center bolt to add the leafs instead of taking the whole leaf packs off?

93xjpos said:
i just ordered a 3" lift with aal"s for my xj. when we put the aal's in my last jeep we had a fun time getting the leaf springs of. can you just remove the u bolts and the center bolt to add the leafs instead of taking the whole leaf packs off?
Yes, and when dealing with an old XJ that is the only way to fly when you can get away with it.

Absolutely, and it's the only way I would do it unless I HAD to take the whole spring off for some reason....

You will need to cut the bands off too but yes that is how I did my AAL.

I laughed when I read the instructions ("remove leaf spring pack from vehicle...") I wonder how many people get half way through and ask "why the hell did I take them out".

Back