• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sleeving frame rail???

Lonestar

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled off my steering box last night to swap it out with a durango box. I figured while I was there I might as well make new spacer plate that would also sleeve the frame rail (similar to c-rock). After I got everything off, I noticed that the frame was already sleeved from the factory. My question is, do I use the sleeves that are there, or do I cut them out and replace them with a sleeve that has a thicker wall? Anyone run into this before? Thanks

I had to after I ripped my box off. I used rear leaf spring sleeves cut to length, put 1/4 plate on the outside of the frame, and 1/8 inch on the inside. Turned out pretty burly. I smacked my steering box in a crawling competition out here in Co. and it broke the grade 8 bolts. Nothing else moved. Threw new bolts and I was on my way. They are still in there 4 years later, with a lot of abuse.

Back