• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free firewood.

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
I have a ton(literally) of big timbers, mostly 6X6 and larger between three and six feet long. I need these gone out of storage and would rather not pay to dump them.
Located in South San Francisco.
FREE.

Jes said:
I have a ton(literally) of big timbers, mostly 6X6 and larger between three and six feet long. I need these gone out of storage and would rather not pay to dump them.
Located in South San Francisco.
FREE.

Wll these work for a hardcore front winch bumper? What color? How many miles? Do you have any pictures? How much for shipping to the east coast?

Bryan C. said:
How much for shipping to the east coast?

east coast wheeling requires birch wood bumpers... i don't think this will suit your application...

Bryan C. said:
Wll these work for a hardcore front winch bumper? What color? How many miles? Do you have any pictures? How much for shipping to the east coast?

Yes. Brown. Maybe 10. No, can get some tomorrow. $2000.

Jes said:
Yes. Brown. Maybe 10. No, can get some tomorrow. $2000.

Hmmm $2000 shipping? That sounds like something you would see on ebay. Free wood, shipping is $2000.

OK, back to the winch bumper. I am looking to upgrade my Trexx front bumper, will there be much fab work involved? Should I use a chainsaw or hammer and chisel to shape the bumper.

standard.jpg

For Nevada regular doug fir would be better since it's stronger and you have less worry about rot where it's dry.
That there looks like a piece of Trex composite decking, which in the Bay Area would be more desirable because it will not rot or be a target for termites.
The shipping is so expesive because there is 2000 pounds(one ton) of wood and that is rather heavy.

Jes said:
For Nevada regular doug fir would be better since it's stronger and you have less worry about rot where it's dry.
That there looks like a piece of Trex composite decking, which in the Bay Area would be more desirable because it will not rot or be a target for termites.
The shipping is so expesive because there is 2000 pounds(one ton) of wood and that is rather heavy.

So if I want the bumper I need to have the wood shipped to Nevada? Is there a 10 day waiting period with a bcakground check too? Man, I really think the 6x6 would look sweet on the front of my rig.

Bryan C. said:
So if I want the bumper I need to have the wood shipped to Nevada? Is there a 10 day waiting period with a bcakground check too? Man, I really think the 6x6 would look sweet on the front of my rig.

The delay is it probably has to clear customs, immigration and ag inspection.

XJedi23 said:
Looks more like TimberTech than Trexx.

I wonder If those timbers would work well for a cage?:looser:
Would this work for a lift? I saw it online and want to try it out myself.

main.php

main.php

Back