• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mushy gas pedal

victor_s

NAXJA Forum User
My rig feels like it has a mushy gas pedal compare to all my other buddies XJ's. its an 89 with a 95 engine in it. Any ideas of why my pedal is soft

or maybe you stepped in some dog doo...

sorry, I just couldn't resist :D

When i replaced my intake and exhaust manifold gasket, i broke the cable that went from the pedal to the teetor-totter thing (lol) I went to the junk yard to get a replacement, and they all looked differently then mine, and were a bit shorter. I grabed one anyway and installed it. Im very happy.. it raised my pedal to be equal with the brake, and it just seems "firmer". Im betting that the previous owner replaced it with a POS aftermarket or something... i dunno. Anyway, try just swapping out a junkyard cable and see what happens. I think it cost me like 2 bucks.

I went to advanced auto, to the HELP section, got a couple springs and threw then on.

Back